19 May 2012

Japonesque Brushes

Hi girls,

Japonesque are a brand of brushes that i'm sure you are all aware of as they are highly proclaimed by both make up artists and beauty bloggers.

Japonesque have a variety of brush collections, from their Pro Brushes to the Travel Brushes, there is something for everyone.

I was given the opportunity to review a selection of the Travel brushes for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Powder Brush £27.25
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Being from the Travel brush collective, this brush has a short handle. Very convenient for travelling, as you can easily store it within your make up bag. The handle is in sleek silver, with black writing stating 'Japonesque' and the brush reference number.

The brush itself is very impressive! Its fluffy, on the larger side and nice and soft against your skin - everything you could wish for in a powder brush, right?! I use this brush primarily for sweeping translucent powder on, or even bronzer if i'm seeking a little more of a bronzed look. The brush picks up product easily, and disperses the product nicely.

I've also gave this brush a good wash and can confirm that it doesn't shed, and dries super soft too. (little note: I wash my brushes in Johnsons Baby Shampoo :))


Angled Foundation Brush £17.50
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I've heard lots of positive things about angled foundation brushes, so was very happy to find this in my little package. On a day to day basis i use my fingers to apply my foundation, but have heard that using either a flat foundation brush or a stippling brush gives you a much more airbrushed and flawless finish, i'm in! I dotted my foundation around my face and then started using the brush from the inside of my face to the outside in little strokes. I can confirm that using this brush gave me a more 'polished' finish. It did take me a little longer than my usual slap-dash foundation routine, but i think using a brush is definitely worth it if you can spare an extra few minutes in the morning.

The angled feature of the brush allowed me to have much more control as to where i applied the foundation, especially around my nose and eye area. The brush is soft but dense enough to apply the product and gives your skin a lovely seamless finish.


Angled Eyeliner Brush £10.75
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Since receiving this brush i've found i've been wearing eyeliner a lot more frequently - namely the colours Smog/Darkhorse from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Eyeliner is always something that i've struggled to use, i either get it too thick, too thin, or the eyeliner on each eye doesn't match, nightmare! So when i saw this brush i was determined once and for all to conquer my eyeliner trials and tribulations.

I find with eyeliner brushes that the bristles need to be soft enough to not scratch your eyelid (ouch!) but dense and firm enough to give you a good defined line, and this brush does just that! The bristles are densely packed yet still soft on your skin!

Overall, i'm very impressed with these brushes, they wash well, don't shed and are amazing quality.

Japonesque brushes are available from Boots both instore and online, and at John Lewis.

What are your favourite brand of brushes, i only own a few so would love any recommendations from you all! :)

Felicity xoxo


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thank you for this valuable information, I hope it is okay that I bookmarked your website for further references.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig