31 May 2012

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

Hi girls,

I've recently cast aside my usual foundation (Revlon Colourstay) for the more sheer variety of foundations. Over the next two days i'll be telling you about my two favourite tinted moisturiser.

First up is the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint. Liz Earle is primarily a skincare brand so i was curious when i heard whispers that they had expanded into the world of make up.  The Sheer Skin Tint does exactly what it says on the tube, gives your skin a lovely uplifting tint of colour.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The packaging comes in the form of a royal blue cardboard box (which i helpfully threw away...) and the actual foundation is housed in a squeezy tube which allows you total control as to how much product you require. Another subtle feature of the packaging is the little silver/blue reflex which are on the squeezy tube, totally unnecessary yet very appreciated and pretty! ;)

Liz Earle have aptly named this product as a 'Sheer Skin Tint', i'd place it somewhere between a full coverage foundation and a tinted moisturiser - enough coverage to hide minor redness/little spots, but not enough coverage to hide the monthly breakouts! ;) I have Normal to Oily skin and found that this foundation gave my skin a natural dewy finish and felt nice and light on my skin too. I found it lasted around 8 hours on my skin before i felt that my skin needed touching up. I applied the skin tint simply by using my fingers which gave me a natural light-medium coverage. The formula of the foundation is quite thick and a little goes a long way.

Being a Liz Earle product, the skin tint contains ingredients which are great for your skin. Borage Oil - this helps lock moisture into your skin, Vitamin E which helps protect skin against damage caused by pollution and the sun's radiation and an SPF 15. A foundation with ingredients to care for your skin, impressive right?!

The shade range for this product is slightly disappointing. It comes in 4 shades - Bare, Beige, Beach and Deep Bisque. I'm using the shade Bare, which blends into my (rather pale at the moment :'( ) skin tone nicely.

Overall i'm really liking this foundation, it offers a natural dewy finish and has surprisingly good longevity too. The Sheer Skin Tint retails for £21.00 for 40ml and is available from the Liz Earle website.

Hope you're all having a good week!

Felicity xo
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger templates by pipdig